Whether you are stiff or flexible, old or young, slender or overweight, sports fiend or couch potato, business person or artist, managing an injury or illness or in the pink of health, there is certainly an approach that will work for your individual needs.
I ask that you refrain from eating for a minimum of one hour prior to your appointment. The body is most supple and receptive to movement therapy on an empty stomach.
You will need to wear loose comfortable clothing that doesn't restrict any movement for your session. An ideal ensemble would be flexible garments (like yoga attire) made from a soft material that is able to stretch.
DURING YOUR SESSION
- We will complete a SomaVeda® Intake Assessment and detailed health evaluation before beginning your session. Additionally, please think about any objectives that you have for your session, whether simple relaxation, the targeted relief of pain or tension in a specific part of the body.
- SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy is a comprehensive therapeutic system of Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy i.e. facilitated Yoga Asana or therapeutic postures, performed in structured sequences to reduce pain and suffering and to support wellness and health of Spirit, Mind and Body. SomaVeda® incorporates indigenous, tribal, and natural law to assess, improve and restore good physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Your only job during the session is to relax and enjoy!
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- Stay hydrated. SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy releases toxins that have been stored in your muscle tissues. By drinking plenty of water, you will flush your bloodstream and eliminate toxins from your body. Try to drink as much water as you can in the 24 hours following your session.
- Rest. One of the best ways to fully absorb the benefits of a Thai yoga session is to plan a bit of R&R for yourself once your session is over. Whether it’s a solid night of uninterrupted sleep, a warm bath, or a quiet dinner with a friend, try to set aside some peaceful time for yourself.
- Regular treatments. SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy is most effective as a form of preventive medicine –much like regular oil changes for a car, having periodic SomaVeda® Thai Therapy is one of the ways we can keep our bodies in good working order and avoid major breakdowns. In general, I recommend having a session a minimum of once a month and as often as once a week, depending on your body's condition and your personal goals.